Aussom Family Day Care
provides day care, before and after school care and in special circumstances weekend care or overnight care to children aged from infants to 12years old.
Aussom’s mission is to support women who want to build a satisfying career in early childhood. To be a part of Aussom is to be valued and nurtured as a contributing member of society with skills and attributes that can be used to nurture the health, safety and well-being of children. We will support you to gain the skills and knowledge required to become an early childhood educator by providing one on one advice, support visits and some training.
Children enrolled with Aussom can look forward to a supportive care environment that is set up in the educator’s home to nurture children’s learning and development. We are a multicultural service, responding to the individual needs of children by working in partnership with the children and their family.
Aussom FDC NSW is an approved service, eligible for Child Care Benefit. We are a part of the National Quality Framework and work hard to provide a service that assists children in progressing towards the 5 Learning Outcomes of the Early Years Learning Framework and the My Time, Our Place Framework for school age children.
for more information on educators currently available or how to become and educator
Foundations Learning Centre is a vibrant, innovative and family owned and operated childcare centre that is committed to providing high quality care for all families and children.
We are passionate and dedicated to ensuring that all children are provided with the best head start to their learning and education. This is why our motto is “From the ground up we grow and learn”
We value and take pride in our centre building strong collaborative relationships with all families and our staff.
Our childcare centre offers the following services Long Day Care, Pre-school Program, Special Needs Catered For
Bus Service Available
The centre is open from 6.30am to 6.00pm per day, 52 weeks per year and caters for children 0-6 years. Maximum number of children at any one time is 43. Contact us
for current vacancies and enrolment information.
Bellbirds Early Learning Centre located at Menangle Park, Campbelltown is currently open 52 Weeks per year operating from 7am-6pm and offers:-
- Long day Care Services
- Preschool Program with special needs (if needed).
- Three nutritious meals per day
- All meals are freshly cooked daily on site in our restaurant style kitchen by our qualified cook.
- Nappies and linen
- Sunscreen and hats for all children
- Bellbirds Early Learning Centre is committed to following all sun safety practices.
The child care centre is currently licensed for 52 children per day and provides a number of high quality learning programs
, and an orientation program for children and their families
Although the routines of each room and age group will vary, the same aspects are contained in each. We endeavour to provide a home and family environment at the Centre, where the children feel comfortable and secure at all times and our daily routines reflect this.
Bellbirds Early Learning Centre provides extra curricula and special monthly events at no extra cost. Your child will be actively engaged in various experiences and programs throughout the whole day. Contact us to discuss your child care needs.
First Aid For You specialise in a 2 hour information and demonstration session on the most important child related first aid any parent, grand parent, parent to be or any person in care of children should learn!
In a relaxed and practical, hands on session participants will learn the skills and gain understanding on how to manage child related emergencies, these include:
- Child and Baby Resuscitation
- Choking Management
- Allergic Reaction Management
- Head Injuries & Convulsions
- Plus many more ‘must know’ topics and tips on child safety.
Private courses only require a minimum group size of 6 people and WE COME TO YOU. Babies and children are also very welcome to attend all our sessions. First Aid For You also conducts courses for Fundraising events, Baby Showers and accredited certificate courses in Apply (Senior) First Aid, CPR, Asthma Management and Anaphylaxis. For more information visit www.firstaidforyou.com.au
or call 1300 853 050
Nana's Weighted Blankets
Just like a big hug from Nana!
Ask yourself, how long since you got to sleep peacefully through the night? What is a good night's rest worth, for you and your child?
Our blankets are nontoxic, hypoallergenic and fully machine washable. We are so convinced our blankets will help you sleep naturally, that we offer a 100% money back Guarantee.
- Weighted Blankets
- Weighted Toys
- Weighted Vests
- Zippy Sheets
- Sensory tools and much more!
Contact us www.nanasweightedblankets.com.au
or phone Nana 0410478810
At www.maternitywear.com.au we have new winter stock available now in maternity dresses, tops, pants, jeans, work wear, breastfeeding clothes, lingerie, exercise and nightwear.
With maternity clothes in our winter sale of 30-50% off our normal affordable prices Save up to 50% off sale items
you can browse through the entire range and you’re sure to find a great winter piece at a price you can afford. Need advice call our helpline 1300 255 628
The Pines Academy Child Care is located on Macquarie road between Cumberland and Henderson roads (5 minutes drive from M5 freeway)
- Gorgeous historical heritage home converted into a childcare adds character to your child’s educational journey.
- 90 place Service caters for Long Day Care (6 weeks to 6 years old) and Out of School Hours Care (kindergarten to year 6 – before/after school and vacation care). Long Day Care consists of nursery (0-2 years) with adjoining cot room and change area, large toddler room (2-3 years) with adjoining bathroom, large preschool room (3-5 years) with adjoining bathroom.
- There are three separate playgrounds – a playground for the pre-schoolers securely located at the front of the property including large sandpit, side playground for the toddlers and a smaller yard located at the rear of the property for the nursery room which also includes a sandpit
- The hallway is beautifully decorated with brilliant artwork adding wonder to the children’s day. There is also a large fish tank which is the focal point of discussion upon arrival and departure of the centre. A team of friendly staff with extensive knowledge, training and experience in the field.
for more information about enrolment/waitlisting and current vacancies.
Sensory Tools Australiapresents World-Renowned POWER WORKSHOPS in 2014! Fantastic opportunities for professionals to gain CPD points and for parents to learn more about what is making their child tick. Online registration now open!
Sensory Defensiveness: A Comprehensive Treatment Approach presented by Dr. Julia Wilbarger & Patricia Wilbarger AUGUST 2014 Download brochure here. Online registration available NOW
About Technology - Parental Controls
What are parental controls?
- Parental control tools help parents monitor and limit what their children do online.
- There are many tools available and they all offer different functions, with some even allowing parents to limit the time children spend on specific websites or games.
- No tool is 100% effective at blocking access to inappropriate content. They are a good tool to encourage communication with children about their online activities.
- Currently there are more effective tools for use with PCs and Macs than with mobile, tablet devices and game consoles. Additional parental supervision is required with these.
What do parental controls do?
- Every parental control tool is different.
- Most can block children from accessing specific websites, protocols or applications.
- Most can filter different kinds of content, like sexual content.
- Most allow parents to monitor use with reports on sites accessed, the length of time and frequency of access.
- Some can be used to set time limits, blocking access after a set time—handy if you are not home and want to limit the time your child spends on a game or social media.
- Most allow parents to change the tool settings to reflect each child’s age and skills.
Do parental controls block all bad stuff?
- No single parental control tool is 100% effective at blocking all inappropriate content—but they can reduce the likelihood of accidental discovery.
- Parental control tools tend to be better at blocking ‘adult’ or sexual content than other types of harmful content, such as content that may promote self-harm, eating disorders, violence, drugs, gambling, racism and terrorism.
- Parental control tools have difficulty filtering content within social media sites and messaging services, including video messaging services like Skype.
- Parents need to talk to their children about the social media sites they are using, who they communicate with and what they are accessing.
What about game consoles, mobiles and tablets?
- Parental control tools are currently less effective with game consoles, mobiles and tablets. Additional parental supervision is required.
- Most parental controls do not filter internet access from game consoles. There are very few developed specifically for particular game consoles.
- Most tools for mobiles and tablets involve using a specific internet browser to block content. —If children use a different internet browser they bypass the parental control tool.
- Apps often bypass any parental control tools.
What is the best parental control tool? New parental control tools are emerging every couple of months. Look for user reviews to find the one that is best for you.
Look for a tool that users report:
- Is easy for parents to install and use.
- Blocks content and websites well.
- Offers good reports on which websites have been accessed.
- Is automatically updated (to ensure new websites and content are blocked).
- Can’t be easily bypassed by savvy teens.
- Can be used remotely (can be handy if your child is doing a school project and the tool is over blocking content, or if your child is home alone and you want to know which websites they are visiting).
How do I find the best parental control tool for me?
- Look at recent reviews on trusted consumer review sites and technology review sites, such as Toptenreviews, Topconsumerreviews, PC Magazine, Laptop magazine.
- Search for reviews on Parental control tools, content filters, internet filters.
- A recent study commissioned by the European Commission provides a ranking of parental control tools tested, including free tools. Access the review at http://sipbench.eu/
Do parental control tools keep computers and data secure? No. Parental controls are not created for the purpose of software or hardware security.
E-security tools need to be installed to keep information and computers safe, including:
Click here for more information
- Firewalls to block access by unauthorised systems.
- Anti-virus to block programs that seek to steal or destroy data.
- These tools must be automatically updated as new viruses are released every day.