Dynamic Rhythms Music Centre. A musical foundation for life. Professional Music Lessons for Kids aged 12 months to Adult in Narellan, South West Sydney.
Dynamic Rhythms Music Centre (DRMC) is a purpose built facility located in George Hunter Drive, Narellan. DRMC has been in operation for 10 years and is a family owned and run business.
All of our teachers are ultimate professionals and have studied music for many years. Most of our teachers have completed advanced AMEB exams and /or tertiary levels of education such as a Bachelor in Music or Creative Arts. Private lessons are tailored to meet the needs and the age of the children and class lessons follow a structured curriculum designed to be appropriate for each age group. Lessons are run in modern, well equipped, air conditioned studios. For more information contact us www.dynamicrhythms.com.au
Ph: 02 4648 4224
First Aid For You Established in 2010, First Aid For You (FAFY) has been delivering courses that are designed to make you think, laugh and learn along the way. We provide professional hands-on group training for 5 people or more. WE COME TO YOU at home or at work, 7 days a week, conducting courses at a time that suits.
Delivering both accredited courses and information sessions in:
- First Aid For Families ( 2 hours and perfect for all parents and carers of children)
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- HLTAID001 Cardio pulmonary resuscitation
- 22024VIC Emergency Management of Asthma
- 22099VIC First aid management of Anaphylaxis
FAFY Trainers are dedicated, passionate, qualified mix of paramedics, nurses, medical specialists, child and adult educators BUT most importantly amazingly talented and experienced MUMS.
We also run First Aid for KIDS Workshops
– a 1 hour interactive, fun and very informative first aid course just for 5 – 12yr olds. Are your Kids ready to be Superheroes and help save a life? Bookings are now available for School Incursions, Vacation and After Hour School Cares and private workshops. For more information visit www.firstaidforyou.com.au
or call 1300 853 050
Catherine Field Preschool is a non profit community based preschool service that has been operating since 1989. Open from 9:00am - 3:00pm or extend hours 8:30am - 3:30pm during school terms for children aged 3 to 6 years.
Preschool is taking enrolments for 2017! Contact us
for more information 170 Catherine field Rd Catherine Field Phone: 02 9606 5981.
Camden Child and Family Therapies Child Anxiety Group. Take Action is an anxiety management group for children aged 7-10 years to teach them helpful ways to cope and manage anxiety. This is an evidence based intervention utilising well-established principles of cognitive behavioural therapy.
Camden Child and Family Therapies is pleased to advise they will be offering this course commencing 17 August 2016. It will be running every Wed afternoon from 4 to 5:15pm for 6 weeks.
The presenters will be Principal Psychologist Rebecca Summers and Provisional Psychologist Christina Dickinson.
For enquiries or to book please contact Camden Child and Family Therapies on 0427 861 861 or www.camdenchildtherapies.com.au
Young Academics Early Learning Centre - Elderslie
MERRY CHRISTMAS IN JULY! On Monday the 25th of July, the children and educators of Young Academics Elderslie celebrated Christmas in July by joining together for a big Young Academics Elderslie Family Lunch. The children were especially excited by the small Christmas tree with all the Disney decorations on it and the pretty Christmas babushka dolls! All of the children sat down together at a big long table enhancing their sense of belonging and together we sang Jingle Bells, Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and Santa Claus is coming to town while we waited for our lunch to be served. We then enjoyed a delicious meal of roast chicken, ham, baked potato, pumpkin, sweet potato, corn, peas, garlic bread, and of course gravy! We even had Christmas coloured jelly and custard for dessert as a special treat yum yum! Thank you to all our lovely parents for sending your children in Christmas theme or red and green today, they looked beautiful sitting at our Christmas table. Celebrating events together as a whole centre allows the children to feel a sense of community and it brings them together during joyful and exciting experiences. MERRY CHRISTMAS IN JULY!
Hearty Health delivers fresh and nutritionally balanced meals every to Child Care Centres. Hearty Health changes Menus with every season to reflect seasonal fruit and vegetables. Our Chefs prepare meals that go directly into your oven, ready to serve to your children.
Call Hearty Health on 1300 728 762 for a meal sample – you won’t be disappointed!
Cooked, delivered and consumed within 24 hours - directly from our kitchen to yours!
- Tandoori chicken drumsticks with a vegetable saffron rice
- Sweet potato and cumin pockets
- Fruit Biscuits
- Homemade sausage rolls filled with vegetables
- Pineapple and Coconut Muffins
facebook.com/heartyhealth For fresh meals delivered daily, contact us 1300 728 762.
Pied Piper Kindergarten Book now for 2017! We are taking enrolments and places are filling up quickly, Don’t miss out!!
Pied Piper Kindergarten Raby and Blair Athol cater for children 0-5. We also have before and after school care and vacation care. We first opened our doors in 1995 and are very proud to have supported families in this region for over 20 years. At Pied Piper we supply all meals and have a comprehensive school readiness program. The children and families at Pied Piper are encouraged to attend our special event days, Mother’s day morning tea, Easter Hat parade, book week activities and many more throughout the year.
Get in quick and reserve your place for 2017! Call us now Raby - 98249680 OR Blair Athol– 46209777 Or email us
for an enrolment package
At Vision Australia we aim to provide specialist support services to children experiencing low vision and blindness, and their families.
Services include adaptive technology & training, low vision clinics, equipment solutions, group programs, library services, orientation & mobility services, as well as specialist allied health providers.
Every child is unique and learns in different ways. Tell us about your family, your child and what your goals are. Together we can develop strategies to empower your child to live the life they choose.
It’s a partnership that can be particularly helpful in the early years, from birth to first steps, and then continue through schooling years, finding a first job and into adulthood. We will support you in negotiating the twists and turns of life and give you the skills and confidence to help your child fulfil their dreams.
Call 1300 84 74 66 to make a referral or contact one of our local offices in NSW.
We at Australian Frontline Solutions (AFS) specialise in training for the childcare industry through delivering First Aid, Combined Childcare, and WHS training to enable you to meet all legislative requirements. This is our 25th year in business please feel free to contact us for our anniversary specials in regards to all your training needs.
AFS Solutions provides training solutions in a variety of areas including but not limited to WHS, First Aid, Security, and customer service. Our clients range from small business through to national and multinational companies. We provide package training for nationally accredited courses as well as specifically designing courses to suit the client’s needs. Our highly experienced trainers will also deliver our clients in house training courses.
We will not only provide you with training, but with the confidence to act in emergency situations.
These courses can be conducted at your premises, another suitable location or in our training rooms.
Our Next Public Courses in August are held on the following dates:
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Wednesday 10th August at 5.30pm Cost $66.00 (inc GST). HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Wednesday 10th August, 2016 at 5.30pm Cost $137.50 (inc GST)
Baby Talk – First Aid Awareness – ideal for new parents or grandparents $75.00 (inc GST) Please contact our office on 1300 660 164 to book your place any of these courses.
“AFS Solutions delivers nationally recognised training in partnership with, and under the auspices of, Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909”.
Kids Kinder Childcare Macquarie Fields we a family owned and operated centre, which provides quality care and a program for children aged 0 to 6 years of age. We are open 7am - 6:00 pm Monday to Friday.
- 6 meals a day, nappies, bed linen and all other essentials provided
- CCB and child care rebate to eligible families
- Leading indoor and outdoor programs
- Comprehensive school readiness program and pre-schoolers are given homework and assignments on a monthly basis
- Fully qualified staff
- 2 shaded outdoor play ground
- 3 classrooms
- Fully air conditioned facilities
- Events + incursions on a regular basis
- Excellent communication/liaison with parents including detailed run down of your child's day sent to parents daily via email and elaborated to parents in depth upon pick up.
Limited vacancies be quick.
We have an open doors policy and welcome all enquiries and visitors to our centre so please feel free to contact us
for more information or to discuss your child care needs
Preparing your child for school
Starting school is a big step in a pre-schooler’s life and there are many things you can do prior to starting school to help prepare them for this transition.
Talk about what to expect:
Schools have different expectations to childcare settings and children need to be aware of these to ease their transition to school. For example in childcare settings the program is child and interest directed, whereas at school the children are required to participate and follow a set curriculum.
Visit the school environment:
- If possible attend the School’s Open Day to learn more about the school. This is also a good way for your child to meet other children starting in kindergarten, their teacher and the Principal.
- If you can’t get to the Open Day, visit the school with your child and point out the differences between childcare or pre-school and formal schooling. Some of these differences include:
- Separate boy/girl bathrooms.
- Bubblers for drinking water
- Playground and classroom set up.
Practice opening your lunch box:
- Many childcare centres provide meals so it can be beneficial for your child to practice opening a lunch box and unwrapping different packaged items. While a teacher will be available to assist, there are usually around 20 children in a class and they may all require assistance.
Teach your child they are responsible for their own belongings:
- Label every piece of your child’s school uniform including their lunchbox and school bag.
- Unlike childcare or pre-school, at school everyone has the same uniform and often, the same school bag.
- Clip a familiar toy onto their school bag so it’s easily recognisable.
Meet with friends prior to starting school:
- Children find it comforting to have a friend going to school with them. If some of their peers from childcare or local groups are going to the same school it can be a good idea to meet and foster this relationship.
Is my child ready for school?
- When assessing whether or not their child is ready for school, parents often want a checklist of items. It is not always as simple as this, but remember you know your child best and you will have a good indication if you meet with your childcare or pre-school educators and discuss their development and progress.
- Pre-schools promote a child’s social and emotional competence when transitioning to school rather than their cognitive knowledge. So when assessing if your child should start school, or even assisting them in developing skills for the school environment, here are a few areas to look out for:
Fine motor skills:
- Pencil control
- Manipulating scissors to cut
- Listening to and carrying out instructions
- Attention span (can they remain at a task to complete it?)
- Becoming aware of how their behaviour impacts on others
- Confidence to approach new tasks and new people (can they ask a new/different teacher where the toilets are if they are lost)
- Ability to take turns (how do they respond if another child is using something they want?
- Co-operative play skills (can they work in a group to achieve a result?)
- Ability to manage emotions (anger and frustration) with minimal adult assistance
- Reduced impulsive actions (an ability to think before acting)
Language and communication skills:
- Sentence structure
- Can recall past events in detail
- Can hold a conversation (turn taking in full sentences)
- Understands language can be used to tell a story (real or imaginary)
Problem solving skills:
- Are able to sort, compare and categorise items according to colour size and shape
- Basic counting
- Ability to complete puzzles
- Thinking of alternatives or other options when a problem arises
What age can my child start school?
This varies from state to state but in New South Wales children can start Kindergarten in the first term of the school year if turning five by July 31st that year.
For more information or help contact Tresillian Parent’s Help Line 1300 2PARENT (1300 272 736)