Camden Child and Family Therapies is a service that provides Psychological Assessment and Intervention for children, adolescents and their families. Assistance can be provided for a range of emotional and behavioural difficulties and developmental/learning concerns.
Areas of intervention include anxiety, depression, anger management, behavioural difficulties, family separation issues, sleep and toileting difficulties, and learning problems.
Assessment can be provided relating to Intellectual/Cognitive Assessment, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders. Assessment of Reading also is available.
Counselling for parents relating to stress management, parent training, grief separation issues, behavioural management therapy and attachment therapy is also provided.
for more information.
Childcare Health & Safety is a unique Sydney-based service that has been developed specifically to assist childcare services to embed health & safety elements across all 7 Quality Areas.
So what are the benefits of working with Childcare Health & Safety?
- Our core business is helping childcare services achieve a complete health & safety plan in line with the National Quality Framework.
- We have a dedicated childcare consultant who has over 18 years experience in the childcare industry and has both current & extensive experience as a Centre Director
- You can quickly see what you need to focus on for your health and safety planning with services mapped to multiple elements within the National Quality Framework
- Streamline your administrative workload when it comes to your QIP with our simplified assessment & reporting process used during consultations.
- Know that you are in safe-hands with our founder and mother of 2 young children who has brought over 20 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse together with her health & safety background to the childcare sector for the purpose of continuous improvement in the safety of children.
Our growing professional team of nursing, paramedic, childcare, health & safety experts provide a powerful solution to ensuring that your service’s health & safety plan is complete.
Childcare Health & Safety services include:
• Childcare Health & Safety (CHS) Gap Analysis
• Ongoing Health & Safety consultation
• Policy/Procedure review & updates
• Templates for common forms & processes
• First Aid Kit Audits
• First Aid & Safety Kits and Supplies
• Fundraising with health & safety
• Professional Development Workshops
• Nationally accredited & recognised courses
For more information about childcare specific accredited courses, visit www.simplyfirstaid.com.au * Nationally Recognised Training is provided by Simply First Aid Pty Ltd on behalf of and in partnership with The First Aid Group (Registered Training Organisation 32268)
Our most popular service =“CHS Gap Analysis”. This consists of a 2 hour consultation with a PDF report that itemises specific elements that can be included in your QIP with an extension option involving an implementation strategy for centres requiring that extra bit of help. Make sure you have the complete picture and request your FREE 15 minute intro call today. Visit us at www.childcarehealthandsafety.com.au or send an email
Macarthur Early Learning School Readiness Program
At Macarthur Early Learning we pride ourselves on engaging and expanding children’s learning and interests in preparation for school. Through our school readiness program the children are able to develop in a range of areas that allows them to be confident and independent children who are excited about going to “Big” school. Through a range of experiences in different parts of the day children are able to expand their life and learning skills as Educators we need to look at when we guide, assist or just observe the beauty of children learning. Whether this be as an individual, with their peers or from intentional teaching all a valuable and contribute to children mastering the skills of life.
Contact Bernice 46582244 for more information or to arrange a tour, limited places for school readiness.
Mihiri's Family Day Care, Harrington Park
I have been an educator for over 17 years and am registered with Australia Family Day Care Scheme.
My family day care offers:
- Caring for children 0 to 16 years old
- Safe and loving environment
- Care available any time - full time, occasional/casual care/overnight.
- Emergency and weekend care
- Montessori teacher
- CCB and Child Care Rebate
I have limited vacancies so please contact me for more information.
Young Academics Early Learning Centre - Elderslie have implemented the new YA Preschool Evolution Program this month, using play based learning to enhance the children’s transition to school skills. This month our pre-schoolers have been learning about patterns and design, using a variety of different shapes, colours and materials.
They have also been very interested in learning to write their own names, practising this regularly across the classroom routine. Throughout the remainder of the year, we will focus our YA Preschool Evolution program across a vast array of topics including social skill development, literacy skills, numeracy skills, road safety, people in the community and individual self-help skills. Contact us for more information.
Young Academics Early Learning Centre - Smeaton Grange In May we celebrated all of our mums, grandmas and aunties at Young Academics Early Learning Centre Smeaton Grange. As usual we had an amazing number of families attend our special mother’s day morning tea.
The families and children loved participating in lots of different activities together including cup cake decorating, iced tea tasting, jewellery making and collage craft. Our YA families love joining us for special events throughout the year. Coming up later in the year we will be hosting special celebrations for Father’s Day and Grandparents Day.
Please contact Young Academics Early Learning Centre - Smeaton Grange
to discuss your child care needs.
Sensory Tools Australia offers leading-edge treatment courses and products that specifically address issues associated with Sensory Processing, Autism, Asperger's, ADD/ADHD, Learning Difficulties, Behavioural and other Developmental Challenges. Founded by Genevieve Jereb O.T. (International speaker and songwriter), we feature her music and the innovative workshop The Traffic Jam In My Brain (presented live and online). Sensory Tools Is a Registered NDIS provider. www.sensorytools.net
Eating & Toddlers
After the age of 12 to 18 months, there is a definite change in children's eating patterns as their growth slows down and they require less food. It is common for parents to be concerned that their toddlers are not eating enough or seem to be becoming fussy with the type of food they will eat.
Toddler eating behaviour:
- eat less
- like to eat frequently
- may become fussy with their food
- like to handle and explore their food
- may develop strong likes and dislikes ... and frequently change their minds about what they like and what they don't like!
- frequently mimic the eating behaviours of their parents
Parents need to provide a safe, comfortable environment, and food that is nutritious and appropriate to the age and stage of your toddler.
Remember toddlers enjoy:
- eating with the family and they will often try to eat from other people's plates
- eating without interference from others as they will use a spoon as well as their fingers - but be prepared for a bit of a mess and meal times to be time consuming
- eating small meals or snacks at regular intervals
- helping with simple food preparation - toddlers will often snack on the food as they help you
- having things ready straight away - they don't like to wait for anything so BEFORE sitting your toddlers in their high chair have their food ready to eat
- having food preferences that seem boring to us as adults e.g. will only eat carrots for a week or beans
- helping to serve their own meal
- drinking milk and juice - this can decrease their appetite - so limit these types of drinks or add water to dilute the concentration
Things to remember:
- Aim to make mealtimes enjoyable for the whole family not a battleground
- If your family normally eats their evening meal late, your toddler may be tired and will need to eat earlier
- Provide a variety of foods
- Encourage safe eating habits - always get your child to sit down to eat
- Praise your child for eating a range of foods rather than the quantity of food they eat
- Try to model a health approach to nutrition by trying to avoid offering foods low in nutrition such as chips, biscuits or lollies
- Be realistic about what you expect your toddler to eat
- Keep food simple for example finger foods such as pieces of fruit
- Reduce distractions during mealtime - turn off the television
Toddlers like attention:
- If behaviour is positive - praise
- if behaviour is disruptive ue distractions, or remove them from the table and re-offer once again a short time later
- Always wash your hands and your toddler's hands prior to handling food
Reassure yourself with the following thoughts, young children:
· eat when hungry
· never starve to death from refusing food
If Still Concerned. Keeping a record of what your toddler eats for a week can be helpful. You might find:
- They eat more food than you thought they did
- There is a pattern of too much milk or juice that is decreasing their appetite
- Too many snack foods are being allowed between meals
If you remain concerned ask for help from your:
· Child and family health Nurse
· Or local doctor
Extract From http://www.tresillian.net/