Kumon Narellan Kumon – The pursuit of potential
Kumon Narellan is committed to nurturing students in our community with the necessary life skills to enable them to live their lives happily and to the fullest, encouraging them to aspire to their dreams and goals, with a willingness to face challenges, and with the motivation to try new things proactively and enthusiastically.
Contact us for your free trial.
Macarthur Early Learning
Camden Council, Kids Fun Day - Macarthur Early Learning will be at the Camden Kids Fun Day on 22nd May from 10am-2pm. We will have lots of information about our service, and the educational programs we offer the children. You can also meet some of our friendly team and have your child’s face painted while we chat. The Kids fun day offers lots of different entertainment, performers, face painting, clowns, an animal farm, novelty stalls, hair spraying, FREE BBQ and so much more, see the Camden Council website for more information!
Young Academics Early Learning Centre - Elderslie is Young Academics is pleased to announce that our Elderslie Service will be opening soon. This unique service, with cleverly designed spaces and large open rooms will excite and delight children as they learn and grow.
Our educators take part in a lengthy training program prior to employment with young Academics to ensure that the standard is set from day 1. This program covers educators knowledge, understanding and practice on child protection, health and safety, customer service and the educational program and expectations as set out by Young Academics.
For more information and to tour this amazing service please call 1300 663 993
Let's Talk Teeth We are proud to announce that Let’s Talk Teeth is one of this year’s recipients of the ‘Brave Awards’. The Judges Choice Brave Awards are presented every year to business’ that are really hitting their stride, making a difference in their industries and are the ones to watch in the future. Let’s Talk Teeth is over the moon to be acknowledged in this way, after only eight months in business it really is amazing.
Come and see at the Early Years Expo, to be held at Rosehill Racecourse for some amazing offers which will allow you to receive a FREE Oral Health Incursion if you have a Professional Development for eight or more of your staff members. Contact us for more information.
PDF Education Supplies
NEW Acrylic Safety Mirror for Emotions has just been added to the website. This mirror is shatter proof and complete with safety round corners. It is a great leaning tool for children to see what different Emotions look like on themselves. Just $22.00 get inc www.pdfeducationsupplies.com.au
Nationally recognised and tailored training courses to help you Get Qualified, Stay Compliant and Make it happen. Australian Frontline Services have been training the Shire for over 26 years. We provide all sorts of training, including First Aid Courses, WH&S Courses, Hospitality Courses, Customer Service Training and much more…
Our most popular course lately has been our Baby Talk Awareness course, where you learn how to Stay Calm, Take Control of the Situation and Respond in the Critical Moments before help arrives.
This non accredited 3 hour practical session covers areas in first aid relevant to babies and children. Ideal for new parents and grandparents. Topics covered include but is not limited to:
- Allergic reactions
- Bleeding; burns
- Childhood illnesses
- Drug overdose
The training is practical and hands on and can be delivered in a number of formats including:
- Come to one of our public training courses
- Organise a group session for your mothers group, sports team, childcare parents
- Book private training for you and your extended family in the comfort of your lounge room
Go to our website www.afssolutions.com.au/training or call a consultant on 1300 660 164 to book this course today!
Domina General Insurance Brokers Workers Compensation Insurance for Child Care Centres
Like all other forms of insurance, it is absolutely critical that Child Care Centres have the right workers compensation insurance in place.
Whilst the basic premium rating is fundamentally the same across all insurers, it is the level of service and expertise that sets the best providers of workers compensation services ahead of their competition.
Perhaps most importantly it is the critical focus in helping an injured worker return to the workforce as quickly as possible, thereby minimising unnecessary impact on your centre, that ensures the best outcomes for all stakeholders. And remember that best practice in return to work outcomes will have a significant impact on the premium that your centre pays.
Domina Insurance Brokers, in conjunction with QBE, one of Australia’s leading providers of financial protection against liability for workplace injuries, has developed a Workers Compensation Solutions Package for Child Care Centres.
Some of the features of this offering include :-
- A positive case management model that focuses on early intervention and sustainable return to work outcomes, which can result in a positive impact on premiums
- Access to a range of training programs (available both online and in person) that cover areas such as WHS, health assistance programs, return to work programs, and many more
- Access to online reporting systems
- A locally based service team dedicated to assisting Domina clients
- A case conferencing claims management model that involves all stakeholders (injured worker, case manager, doctor and employer) all working together to achieve the best possible outcome
For more information on this important service please call John Apter on 0438 336646 or the Domina office on 0242 552855.
Pied Piper Kindergarten are now taking enrolments for 2017.
Get in quick and reserve your place for 2017! Call us now Raby - 98249680 OR Blair Athol – 46209777 Or email us for an enrolment package
Soccajoeys Macarthur Learn To Play Soccer. Australia’s leading preschool soccer program will be running our programs at Camden Youth Club, Allsport Indoor Centre Smeaton Grange and Campbelltown Indoor Soccer Centre in Leumeah.
Registrations for our 2.5-8 year old programs. Soccajoeys believes our program delivers benefits to all children, some of the benefits include.
Developing fundamental movement skills, self confidence, patience, social interaction, co-ordination, agility and
Having fun in a non-competitive and non-elite environment whilst learning and playing the game of soccer. Register online www.soccajoeys.com
Contact: Stephen Krishna email
Eating & Toddlers
After the age of 12 to 18 months, there is a definite change in children's eating patterns as their growth slows down and they require less food. It is common for parents to be concerned that their toddlers are not eating enough or seem to be becoming fussy with the type of food they will eat.
Toddler eating behaviour:
- eat less
- like to each frequently
- may become fussy with their food
- like to handle and explore their food
- may develop strong likes and dislikes...and frequently change their minds about what they like and what they don't like!
- frequently mimic the eating behavours of their parents
Parents need to provide a safe, comfortable environment, and food that is nutritious and appropriate to the age and stage of your toddler.
Remember toddlers enjoy:
- eating with the family and they will often try to eat from other people's plates
- eating without interference from others as they will use a spoon as well as their fingers - but be prepared for a bit of a mess and meal times to be time consuming
- eating small meals or snacks at regular intervals
- helping with simple food preparation - toddlers will often snack on the food as they help you
- having things ready straight away - they don't like to wait for anything so BEFORE sitting your toddlers in their high chair have their food ready to eat
- having food preferences that seem boring to us as adults e.g. will only eat carrots for a week or beans
- helping to serve their own meal
- drinking milk and juice - this can decrease their appetite - so limit these types of drinks or add water to dilute the concentration
Things to remember:
- Aim to make mealtimes enjoyable for the whole family ... not a battleground
- If your family normally eats their evening meal late, your toddler may be tired and will need to eat earlier
- Provide a variety of foods
- Encourage safe eating habits - always get your child to sit down to eat
- Praise your child for eating a range of foods rather than the quantity of food they eat
- Try to model a health approach to nutrition by trying to avoid offering foods low in nutrition such as chips, biscuits or lollies
- Be realistic about what you expect your toddler to eat
- Keep food simple for example finger foods such as pieces of fruit
- Reduce distractions during mealtime - turn off the television
Toddlers like attention:
- if behaviour is positive - praise
- if behaviour is disruptive ue distractions, or remove them from the table and re-offer once again a short time later
- always wash your hands and your toddler's hands prior to handling food
Reassure yourself with the following thoughts, young children:
- eat when hungry
- never starve to death from refusing food
If Still Concerned
Keeping a record of what your toddler eats for a week can be helpful. You might find:
- They eat more food than you thought they did
- There is a pattern of too much milk or juice that is decreasing their appetite
- Too many snack foods are being allowed between meals
If you remain concerned ask for help from your child and family health Nurse or local doctor - from www.tresillian.net